Area Five Head Start is currently taking applications for bus drivers. If you are interested, please stop by Area Five Agency for an application or call 574-722-4451 for more information.
Work shcedule is family friendly and flexible
Weekends, major holidays, summer time and evenings off
We assist with trainings and professional development opportunities
We are currently taking child applications for the 2018-2019 school year!
Any child turning 3 years old by August 1, 2018 is eligible to attend Head Start.
If you are interested in filling out an application for your child, please call one of the phone numbers below to make an appointment.
- For Fulton County, please call (574)-223-4994
- For Cass County, please call (574)-722-4451
- For Wabash County, please call
- (260)-563-5666 for our Wabash Site
- (260)-982-7885 for our Laketon Site
At your appointment to fill out the application, please bring the following:
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's shot record
- Any important documents (Custoday Papers, IEP, allergy, asthma, etc.)
- Income information (current pay stub and last years W2 or tax form, SSI or Child Support documentation if applicable)
About Area Five Head Start
Area Five Head Start is a preschool program offered four days a week August-May. Our curriculum is aligned with Indiana’s Early Learning Development Framework and Indiana Academic Standards. In addition to education, Head Start also provides:
Head Start Recruitment Poster (English) Cartel de reclutamiento de Head Start (Español)
Annual Program Report
The expectation is that parents will participate in the program at all levels, including donating time to help the program. It is important to review and understand our Head Start center policies on transportation, curriculum, and more.
Parent InformationHead Start Policies
To apply for Head Start, visit your nearest participating location:
Additional Head Start Resources:
"Grandpa Jay", a volunteer at Head Start