Healthy Families' Annual Report Page 1 Page 2
The Area Five Healthy Families program offers support and encouragement to parents to assist in reducing the stress of parenting so parents have time to experience the joy of parenthood. Healthy Families can help parents and their children with many of the following:
- Provide information on child development
- Demonstrate activities that encourage your baby’s healthy development
- Information on available community resources
- Strengthening a parent’s ability to continue their education, assist with employment and financial options
- Assist parents in building a strong network of support from family, neighbors and churches.
The program also provides linkage of families to medical systems for timely immunizations and well-child care.
Families also may be referred to programs for financial aid, food and housing help, school-readiness, child care, job training, substance-abuse treatment and domestic violence shelters.
Healthy Families Indiana is a voluntary home visitation program designed to promote healthy families and healthy children through a variety of services, including child development, access to health care and parent education.
By working closely with hospital maternity wards, prenatal clinics and other local agencies, Healthy Families Indiana systematically identifies families that could benefit from education and support services either before or immediately after birth.
The program is designed to strengthen families through a process that includes sharing and demonstrating appropriate parenting activities and techniques.