The weatherization program is intended for people at 200% or less of poverty guidelines who reside in the following counties: Cass, Howard, Miami, Tipton or Wabash. Proof of income documentation is required.
When you apply for Energy Assistance, the information you give is used to assign matrix points. That matrix is used to determine your weatherization needs. We work with the highest need cases first. When you come up on the list we will call and schedule an Energy Audit to determine the best activities which may include:
- Monitor health & safety issues with furnace, water heater, cook stove, etc.
- Repair or replace water heater systems
- Install energy-saving light bulbs
- Install water-saving shower heads and aerators
- Reduce infiltration with air sealing, weather stripping, duct sealing, furnace filters
- Educate on energy saving activities
- Insulate attics, ducts, and walls
- Insulate box sills
- Insulate foundations
Homeowners and renters alike are eligible if they meet the income guidelines. A signed landlord agreement is required for renters before any work can be started.
You can apply for weatherization at any office that takes energy assistance applications: