Show your child that you value education
Area Five Agency Head Start welcomes participation and input from parents and our communities. Your involvement helps us provide a quality program which meets the needs of the children, families and community.
Head Start Parent Commitment
- I commit to keeping my child up-to-date on the schedule of immunizations, well-child and dental exams and to follow up with any needed treatment. I will provide documentation of all healthcare to Head Start.
- I will send my child to school daily when he/she is able to attend.
- I will participate in a minimum of two center conferences and two home visits.
- I will notify the center in writing of all persons authorized to receive my child from the bus or to come in and pick up my child from the center.
- I understand that my child will not be released to an unauthorized person, either at the drop off site or at the center.
- I understand that it is unlawful to leave children unattended in the parking lot.
- I understand that bus transportation is not always guaranteed. I will have a backup plan for transportation.
- I understand that this facility is a drug, alcohol, tobacco and weapon-free zone including the parking lot.
- I will read or have read to me all correspondence from the school and respond promptly to requests.
- An authorized adult will be visible daily at the time the bus drops off my child.
- I understand that our family is responsible for in-kind time and will volunteer in the area of choice each week. This time will be tracked and is for the duration of the school year.
Head Start Health Forms:
- CHIP Form
- Dental Exam Form
- Eye Exam Form
- Food Allergy form
- Medication Admin Form
- Parent Consent Screenings
- Physical Exam Form
Parent involvement in all levels of Head Start is encouraged. Elected parents on the Policy Council have a voice to approve or disapprove of important Head Start business. Policy Council is a group of elected parents and community members from each count that meets monthly.
Head Start is a federally funded program. This means that the government pays for 80% of our funding as long as Area Five Head Start collects the other 20% through in-kind. In-kind can come from donated time or supplies.
The majority of our in-kind comes from families donating time. Each family needs to donate time each month to ensure we reach our 20% donation requirements. There are many different opportunities to donate time at the center and at home. Speak to your Head Start coordinator for registration requirements.
To apply for Head Start, visit your nearest participating location: