Help with your utility bills
Our Energy Assistance Program helps low income families with the high cost of home energy. Income eligible families are provided a one-time benefit to their heating and electric companies to offset the high cost of utility bills during the winter months.
Heating and electric bills can be difficult to pay. For moderate to low income households, apply to see if Area Five can help. Benefit amounts vary based on application details.
Download the 2021 Application Packet
Are you registered to vote? Registration online is just a click away. Click here to Register to Vote!
Email your application to EAP@AREAFIVE.COM, once all information is gathered or you can send it with your information through the mail to: Area Five Agency
1801 Smith Street
Logansport, IN 46947
Energy Assistance Program Online Application Portal – Click to begin the application process online and please be sure to have the below information available, as documents will be required to submit your application online. (Please note that the EAPConnect website is best used with Windows Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari browsers. Do not use with Internet Explorer web browser.)
If you are behind on your utility bill, please contact your utility vendor to begin a payment arrangement. This payment arrangement could help with keeping the utilities on until benefits can be pledged and paid, which cannot happen until after the November 1st begin date for the Energy Assistance Program. If an agreement cannot be made, please contact 211 for additional community resources that may be able to assist on your utility.
If you have suffered wage loss or job loss due to COVID19, please click on and download the Request for Earnings Information document. You will need to complete the top section with signature and provide document to your employer for them to complete “Employer Information” section. Job or wage loss must have occurred on or after March 6th, 2020 until the Governor’s statewide public health disaster emergency ends. The completed document should be returned to us at EAP@AREAFIVE.COM or mailed to us at the above address.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Complete AND SIGN the 2021 EAP Application Packet
- Copy of the Applicants State issued Driver’s License or photo ID from whomever signed the application
- Social Security cards for everyone in the household
- Proof of Veteran Status or Disability, if you identify as such
- Documentation of income for the last 3 complete consecutive months, not including the month you are applying
- Household members 18 years of age or older without income must sign an Income Verification Affidavit and tell how the basic needs listed are met.
- High School/College Students, 18-23 years of age, must submit a copy of their FULL-TIME school schedule.
- Landlord Affidavit is required for renters with utilities included in their rent. Form should be completed and signed by the current landlord. Landlord contact detail is required on the form.
- Proof of Home ownership should be provided. Please remember there is NO STATE EAP HOMEOWNER BENEFIT any longer; however, this required if your furnace stops working and are in need of a furnace repair or replacement. Please email or call Area Five, if this situation happens. One of our staff will assist you in gathering the details to refer your application.
- Please provide CURRENT heating and light bills at the residence of application.
- Energy Education is being provided in to help individuals learn ways to conserve energy. Utilizing conservation techniques can help to reduce heating and cooling expenses, if used properly. With the Energy Education, we are also providing households with a summary of community services that may be available for crisis situations. Completing the Energy Education Survey form, when approved for the Energy Assistance Program, will allow households access to receive an energy saving kit. This energy saving kit includes more tips, tools, and ideas for conserving energy in your home.
- We have attached a summary of services offered by Area Five. Please download the Community Resource List, complete it, and return to our EAP@AREAFIVE.COM inbox for an agency representative to reach out to you.
If you should have an after-hours energy emergency, please review the Area Five Community Resource List.
Maximum 3 Month Income allowed:
- One-person household- No more than $6,489
- Two-person household- No more than $8,487
- Three-person household- No more than $10,482
- Four-person household- No more than $12,480
*For additional guidelines for larger families, please contact us.